Saturday, December 20, 2008

Welcome to my new Granbury, Texas, artistic retreat center blog


Hi and Welcome to my new blog. I am so excited to be getting so close to realizing my dream of opening a Texas artistic retreat center!

Starting January 12th. we offer our first five day art retreat with a very gifted quilt artist,
Lenore Crawford.
Lenore made this incredible quilt, which we are lucky enough to have on display at the Iron Horse Inn Bed and Breakfast in Granbury Texas


Our art studio is almost completed, our builders have been working hard and are doing a great job. It will be a beautiful, bright and airy, two story space, ideal for all sorts of art work.

I have loved arts and crafts since I was a small child, in fact my mother used to say about me when I was very little - "give her a piece of paper and a scissors and she will be happy all day!" That joy of creativity has never left me, so I am delighted to be able to surround myself with many talented artists over this coming year.

Many years ago my mother brought me with her on a weekend to an artistic retreat center in Ireland, where I am from, to do a quilting workshop, and I loved everything about the experience. The fun of getting together with other women who loved creativity, the community and the beautiful old historic house and gardens. This special center in Ireland is called "An Grianain" and is run by a very interesting womens' organization called the "Irish Country Womens' Association". This experience was without doubt where I got my inspiration to open our artistic retreat center here in Granbury, Texas.

Check out our website for information about our artistic retreat center, including teacher bios, and a calendar of events for 2009. Check back regularly as we plan on adding more classed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment